Roasted Winter Vegetable Platter
Serves: 4 to 6
High-temperature roasting concentrates the sweetness in winter vegetables, while retaining all the nutrients.
- 6 cups total parsnip, sweet potato, russet potato, beet, celery root, butternut squash, delicata squash Add to list
- 1 red onion, cut into half-moons Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or thyme Add to list
- Extra-virgin olive oil to coat Add to list
- Splash of balsamic vinegar Add to list
- Salt and pepper Add to list
- Garnishes: Toasted pumpkin seeds, dried currants (re-hydrated for 5 minutes in warm water), chopped Italian parsley Add to list
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Chop your choice of first 7 vegetables in medium-size pieces (3/4-inch square), to equal about 6 cups. Add sliced onions and rosemary or thyme and toss with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Roast on a baking sheet until tender and lightly brown, about 20 to 30 minutes. Serve with garnishes of your choice.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Sound Consumer, November 2009
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »