Roasted Zucchini with Saffron and Garlic en Papillote
Serves: 8 to 10
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 8 medium zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise Add to list
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes Add to list
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 10 threads of saffron Add to list
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- 2 large sheets parchment paper (16 by 24 inches) Add to list
- 1 bunch sliced green onions Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro Add to list
Preheat oven to 425º F.
In a large container, combine zucchini, salt, chile flakes, garlic, ginger, saffron and olive oil; mix well.
Lay parchment paper onto 2 baking sheets. Distribute zucchini equally on each paper. Place them so they’re on one-half of each paper. Sprinkle green onions onto both sets of zucchini. Fold paper over, forming an envelope, and crimp the open ends of the envelope by making tight folds on the edges. Place baking sheets into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
To serve, cut open the envelopes (caution: steam from inside the envelope can cause skin burns), place zucchini on a serving platter, garnish with cilantro and serve.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: PCC Sound Consumer, September 2010