Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette
This is a bright, savory dressing with a hint of cheese flavor, thanks to the nutritional yeast. Your yield may vary slightly as the amount of tomato juice varies by tomato.
- 2 ripe medium-size tomatoes or 4 plum tomatoes, sliced in half Add to list
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sugar Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste Add to list
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place tomatoes cut side down on lightly-oiled, parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes or so until skins are lightly browned and tomatoes are very fragrant.
Let tomatoes cool and place them in a fine mesh strainer situated over a bowl. With a whisk, press tomato juice through strainer. Continue to turn whisk until all that is left is dry pulp. Discard pulp. Don't forget to scrape off liquid that clings to bottom of strainer.
Blend in vinegar, oil, yeast, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well. Let it rest for an hour before serving, then mix well again. Serve over organic greens.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »