Roasted Root Vegetables and Leeks
Use this dish in the recipe for Classic Braised Corned Beef and Cabbage with Roasted Root Vegetables, Leeks and Cranberry Horseradish Sauce.
- 2 rutabagas, trimmed and scrubbed Add to list
- 3 to 4 carrots, trimmed and scrubbed Add to list
- 2 ruby or golden beets, peeled Add to list
- 1 large leek, white and tender green part cut into 1/4-inch slices Add to list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill Add to list
Preheat oven to 425┬░ F.
Cut all the vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Toss each kind of vegetable separately with a coating of olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread the veggies out in a single layer on sheet pans and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until all are fork tender and caramelized around the edges. Sprinkle with the dill.
You also may add parsnips, yams, potatoes, celery root or any other root vegetable that catches your eye!
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »