Roasted Ratatouille with Black Olives
Serves: 4 to 6
Summer vegetables are roasted in the oven to bring out their natural sweetness. Feel free to add any vegetables from the garden (such as zucchini or squash). Serve over polenta, pasta or with a slice of crusty bread.
- 4 tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks Add to list
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes Add to list
- 1 each red, yellow and green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips Add to list
- 1/2 onion, thickly sliced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, plus additional for garnishing Add to list
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives Add to list
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Place two rimmed baking sheets in the oven for 4 minutes to heat.
Meanwhile, toss the tomatoes, eggplant, peppers and onions with olive oil and garlic in a large bowl. Very carefully spread the vegetables on the hot baking sheets. Roast, shaking the pan once or twice to turn vegetables, until tender and golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss roasted vegetables with balsamic vinegar, basil and olives. Serve warm with sprigs of fresh basil.
Each of 6 servings: 110 cal, 6g fat (1g sat), 0mg chol, 350mg sodium, 14g carb, 5g fiber, 3g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Sound Consumer, September 2013