Roasted Potatoes, Apples and Wilted Spinach
Serves: 4 to 6
A hearty vegan side dish.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar Add to list
- 1/3 cup whole-grain Dijon mustard Add to list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/2 pound fingerling or Yukon Gold potatoes, washed, patted dry and sliced into 2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and large diced Add to list
- Wilted Spinach Add to list
Preheat oven to 400° F. Mix garlic, vinegar, mustard, oil, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup for Wilted Spinach or use at a later time.
In a large mixing bowl, toss the potatoes in 3/4 of the remaining mustard sauce. Bake on a parchment paper-lined sheet tray (or a tray sprayed with oil) for 20 minutes.
Toss the apples in the last 1/4 of the remaining mustard sauce. Add apples to potatoes and mix around on sheet tray. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until the potatoes and apples are tender.
Each serving: 210 cal, 12g fat (1.5g sat), 0mg chol, 430mg sodium, 21g carb, 6g fiber, 10g protein
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: PCC Sound Consumer, October 2012