Roasted Potatoes and Apples in Dijon Mustard Sauce
Yukon Gold potatoes are excellent in this recipe. Russet potatoes, with their higher starch content, are better for baking or frying.
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 1/4 cup whole-grain Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar Add to list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into large dice Add to list
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes - washed, patted dry and sliced in 2-inch pieces Add to list
Preheat oven to 400º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix garlic, mustard, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Remove 1/4 of the mixture to a small bowl and add apples to coat. Toss potatoes in the large bowl mixture, then transfer to the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
Add apples to potatoes and stir to combine. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until potatoes and apples are tender. Serve hot.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor