Roasted Pork Loin with Mushroom Sauce
Serves: 4 to 6
Roasted Pork Loin
- Brine (recipe follows) Add to list
- 1 1/4 pound boneless pork loin (trimmed and brined) Add to list
- Butcher's twine Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper Add to list
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil Add to list
- 3 tablespoons butter Add to list
- 4 sprigs of thyme Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed Add to list
For the brine
Bring half the water and the rest of the ingredients to a boil, remove from heat and add the rest of the water (cold) to accelerate the cooling process.
Place the pork loin in the brine for 6 to 8 hours, then remove, rinse and pat dry with a disposable towel.
For the Roasted Pork Loin
Preheat oven to 350º F. Truss brined pork loin at 1-inch intervals with the butcher's twine. Tie and trim loose ends of twine. Heat a large stainless steel or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Season pork loin liberally with salt and pepper then add oil to heated pan. Place pork loin in the pan and brown on all sides. Add butter to pan. When butter is browned, add thyme sprigs and garlic clove. Using a large spoon baste the pork loin with the brown butter, thyme and garlic, spooning the browned butter over the entire loin.
Place the loin in the oven and roast for approximately 35 to 45 minutes to an internal temperature of 150º F. Pork can be slightly pink in the center and should be allowed to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Slice and serve with mushroom sauce.
Served at the 2009 PCC fall member meeting. The complete menu included:
- Roasted Pork Loin with Mushroom Sauce
- Roasted Vegetable Nut Loaf with Mushroom Béchamel Sauce (vegan) or Herbed Mushroom Sauce
- Fall Farro Pilaf (vegan)
- Spiced Beet Salad with Local Mixed Greens, Pickled Onions and Sherry Vinaigrette (vegan)
- Baked Pears with Spiced Whipped Cream and Wheat-Free Vanilla Cake
- Fidalgo Bay Coffees
Recipe by, Executive Chef for 2009 PCC fall member meeting
Source: 2009 PCC fall member meeting
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »