Roasted Pork Loin
- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast (see note) Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced serrano pepper Add to list
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- 2 teaspoons sumac Add to list
- Pinch of cayenne Add to list
- 1 tablespoon cumin Add to list
- Sea salt, to taste Add to list
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Truss pork roast with butcher twine at 1-inch intervals (cut the roast in half to fit pan or rack if necessary).
Mix garlic and serrano pepper with oil, lemon juice and remaining spices until it forms a paste.
Sear pork on all sides until browned. Rub pork with the spice paste. Transfer to a roasting rack and roast for 30 to 40 minutes.
Using a spoon baste pork with pan juices and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. I prefer my roast medium well, just ever so slightly pink when cut.
If you'd like an extremely tender pork roast, place the roast in Pork Brine for 6 to 8 hours. While this step is optional, it ensures a moist roast that won't overcook.
Recipe by, PCC Deli
Source: 2011 PCC fall member meeting dinner
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »