Roasted Pork Loin
- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast (see note) Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced serrano pepper Add to list
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- 2 teaspoons sumac Add to list
- Pinch of cayenne Add to list
- 1 tablespoon cumin Add to list
- Sea salt, to taste Add to list
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Truss pork roast with butcher twine at 1-inch intervals. In a saucepan set over medium-high heat, sear pork on all sides until browned. Remove from heat while you prepare the spice rub.
Mix garlic and serrano pepper with oil, lemon juice and remaining spices until it forms a paste. Rub pork with the spice paste.
Transfer roast to a large roasting rack and roast for 30 to 40 minutes.
Using a spoon baste pork with pan juices and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.