Roasted Pear Salad
- 3 pears, peeled and thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt Add to list
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped Add to list
- 8 to 10 cups shredded romaine lettuce Add to list
- 2 ounces Gruyere cheese, cut into small chunks Add to list
Preheat oven to 425° F. Toss pear slices with the olive oil and salt. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Roast 7 minutes. Turn over. Roast another 5 to 7 minutes until soft. Remove from oven to cool.
Toast walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to cool. Combine lettuce, pear slices, toasted walnuts and Gruyere in a large salad bowl. Toss to mix.
Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together vigorously. Pour over salad.
Source: PCC Natural Markets December 2008
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »