Roasted Lemon Sauce
Yield: 2 1/2 cups
Use this sauce on our Tofu Ricotta and Spinach Lasagna.
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil Add to list
- 16 ounces unsweetened coconut milk beverage Add to list
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk Add to list
- 1/2 onion Add to list
- 3 whole cloves Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic Add to list
- 1 bay leaf Add to list
- 1 tablespoon potato starch Add to list
- 1 tablespoon cold water Add to list
- Salt and white pepper, to taste Add to list
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Toss lemon slices with oil in an ovenproof dish. Roast until lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
Combine coconut milk beverage, canned coconut milk, onion, cloves, garlic, bay leaf and roasted lemons in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring frequently, until the onion is soft and the sauce is aromatic, 30 to 40 minutes.
In a small dish, whisk together the potato starch and water. Slowly stir the potato starch slurry into the coconut mixture, over low heat. Season with salt and pepper.
Strain the sauce and return the liquid to the saucepan. Keep over very low heat until ready to serve.
Source: 2013 PCC annual meeting dinner
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »