Roasted Holiday Pork Loin
Serves: 10 to 12
- 3/4 cup quality organic olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup dark rum Add to list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce Add to list
- 1 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 1/4 cup minced garlic Add to list
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander Add to list
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper Add to list
- 2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms Add to list
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped Add to list
- 1 cup dried cranberries Add to list
- 8 pounds (approximately) pork loin Add to list
- Water, for roasting Add to list
- Flour, for sauce Add to list
- Chopped parsley Add to list
Combine olive oil, rum, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, coriander, pepper, mushrooms, onion and cranberries. Pour over pork loin and marinate, covered and refrigerated, overnight.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Place the roast with the marinade in the bottom of a roasting pan. Add water as the pork cooks (1/4 cup or so at a time, to keep it from drying out). Roast until the internal temperature taken with an instant-read thermometer is 160° F, approximately 2 hours. When the pork is done, remove it from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes or so before slicing.
Transfer marinade to a small sauce pot and thicken slightly with a bit of flour over medium heat. Slice the pork, pour the sauce over and garnish with chopped parsley.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Source: Sound Consumer December 2002