Roasted Holiday Pork Loin
- 8 pounds (approximately) pork loin Add to list
- 3/4 cup quality organic olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup cup minced garlic Add to list
- 1/2 cup dark rum Add to list
- 1 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander Add to list
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper Add to list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce Add to list
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped Add to list
- 2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms Add to list
- 1 cup dried cranberries Add to list
- Chopped parsley Add to list
Marinate pork loin overnight in remaining ingredients, covered and refrigerated. Place the roast with the marinade in the bottom of a roasting pan. Roast in pre-heated 350° F oven for approximately 2 hours or until internal temperature is 160° F.
Add water as the pork cooks (1/4 cup or so at a time, to keep it from drying out). When the pork is done, remove it and let it sit for 10 minutes or so before slicing.
Slightly thicken the marinade with a bit of flour. Slice the pork, pour the sauce over, garnish with chopped parsley.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Source: Sound Consumer December 2002