Roasted Holiday Pork Loin
Serves: 10 to 12
- 3/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup dark rum Add to list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce Add to list
- 1 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 1/4 cup minced garlic Add to list
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander Add to list
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper Add to list
- 2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms Add to list
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped Add to list
- 1 cup dried cranberries Add to list
- 8 pounds (approximately) pork loin Add to list
- Water, for roasting Add to list
- Flour, for sauce Add to list
- Chopped parsley Add to list
Combine olive oil, rum, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, coriander, pepper, mushrooms, onion and cranberries. Pour over pork loin, cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Place roast and marinade in the bottom of a roasting pan. Add water as necessary while it cooks; about 1/4 cup at a time, to keep it from drying out. Roast until the internal temperature taken with an instant-read thermometer is 145° F, approximately 1 1/2 hours. When the pork is done, remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Transfer marinade to a small sauce pot and thicken slightly with a bit of flour over medium heat. Slice pork and place on a platter, pour sauce over the top and garnish with chopped parsley.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Source: Sound Consumer December 2002
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »