Roasted Cumin Carrots
The depth of toasted cumin provides the perfect bass note to sweet roasted carrots and tangy Greek yogurt. This is a delicious side dish all year round.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds Add to list
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced on the diagonal 1/2-inch thick Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons orange juice Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley Add to list
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt Add to list
Toast cumin seeds in a small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Cool. In a spice mill or mortar, grind half the seeds to a fine powder. Combine with whole seeds and set aside.
Preheat oven to 425° F. Toss carrots with oil, orange juice, salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until golden brown and tender, stirring occasionally, 25 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss with parsley and half of the toasted cumin.
Combine yogurt and remaining cumin in a small bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve warm carrots topped with cumin yogurt.
If you have a shorter variety of carrot, try cutting them lengthwise for a pretty presentation.