Roasted Chicken Breasts with Chickpeas, Tomatoes and Paprika
Use leftovers for sandwiches: Stuff shredded chicken, chickpeas and tomatoes in pita bread and top with the yogurt sauce.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed Add to list
- 1 tablespoon paprika Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper Add to list
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt Add to list
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves Add to list
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained Add to list
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes Add to list
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided Add to list
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Mix olive oil, garlic, paprika, cumin and red pepper in a medium bowl. Pour 1 teaspoon spiced oil mixture into a small bowl; whisk in yogurt and set aside for sauce.
Place chicken on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Rub 2 tablespoons spiced oil mixture over chicken.
To remaining spiced oil mixture, add chickpea, tomatoes and 1/2 cup cilantro. Toss to coat. Pour chickpea mixture around chicken. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Roast until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cilantro. Transfer chicken to plates. Spoon chickpea mixture over chicken and serve with yogurt sauce.
each serving: 310 cal, 17g fat (2.5g sat), 40mg chol, 210mg sodium, 20g carb, 5g fiber, 20g protein
Source: Sound Consumer, March 2013