PCC Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Sauce
- 5 pounds cauliflower, crowns cut into florets Add to list
- 7 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt plus extra for seasoning Add to list
- 1 pound carrots, peeled Add to list
- 1 1/2 red onions, cut into wedges Add to list
- 1/2 cup tahini Add to list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice Add to list
- 1/4 cup water Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1 handful fresh Italian parsley, chopped Add to list
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Coat cauliflower florets with 1 tablespoon oil and salt lightly. Roast in oven until brown and soft, about 20 minutes. Do not undercook! Cool completely in refrigerator.
Cut carrots into wedges: Slice across at an angle, rotate carrot so that the cut is facing up and slice at an angle again along the cut. This makes beautiful, evenly shaped wedges.
Coat carrots and onions in 2 tablespoons oil and salt lightly. Roast in oven until soft, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely.
In a food processor or blender, mix tahini, lemon juice, water, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and 4 tablespoons oil until dressing is blended.
Toss cooled, cooked vegetables with dressing. Garnish with chopped parsley. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!