Roasted Cauliflower and Kohlrabi with Lemon-Tahini Sauce
Roasting vegetables in a very hot oven gives them a natural sweetness with a crisp exterior and tender interior. The tart and creamy tahini sauce pairs perfectly in this vegetable side dish or first course.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets Add to list
- 2 to 3 kohlrabi – trimmed, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes Add to list
- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 tablespoons tahini Add to list
- 2 tablespoons water Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon sumac or ground cumin Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley Add to list
- 3 ounces mixed baby greens Add to list
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Place two rimmed baking sheets in the oven for 4 minutes to heat. Meanwhile, toss cauliflower, kohlrabi, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Very carefully spread the vegetables on the hot baking sheets. Roast, shaking the pan once or twice to turn florets, until tender and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
Whisk together tahini, water, lemon juice, zest, garlic and sumac or cumin in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper; add additional water to thin the sauce, if desired. Fold in parsley.
Toss roasted vegetables and tahini sauce together. Just before serving, mix with baby greens. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »