Roasted Asparagus & Red Pepper Salad with Tangerine Vinaigrette
The vinaigrette, roasted asparagus and red peppers can be made ahead of time, and the salad put together at the last minute. Gorgeous!
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly on the diagonal Add to list
- 6 tablespoons fresh tangerine juice Add to list
- 1 clove of garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 fresh serrano chili, seeded and finely diced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar or good quality white wine vinegar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 3 tablespoon Spectrum organic olive oil or other good quality olive oil Add to list
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
To make dressing
Combine all ingredients except olive oil, salt and pepper in small mixing bowl. Briskly whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
To make salad
Preheat oven to 500Â°F.
Remove bottom third of asparagus stalks and rinse. Slice red pepper in half and remove seeds. Pour the olive oil into a cast iron or other heavy-duty, oven-proof skillet. Place the red pepper in the skillet and place in the center of the preheated oven, uncovered. Roast for approximately 15 minutes.
Add the asparagus. Roast for another 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove from oven. Cool slightly, then cut the red pepper into 3-inch strips.
Toss the asparagus and red pepper with the vinaigrette. Chill. Arrange the greens on a salad plate, place several spears of the chilled asparagus over the greens, along with several strips of the roasted pepper and a teaspoon of dressing.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »