Roasted Asparagus with Eggs and Sesame Seeds
A quick and easy dish that highlights best-of-the-season asparagus.
- 3 large eggs Add to list
- 2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed Add to list
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided Add to list
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard Add to list
- Dash of tamari (optional) Add to list
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds Add to list
Preheat oven to 400Â° F.
Place eggs in a heavy pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook eggs for 9 minutes. Remove eggs, crack their shells and place them in a bowl of ice water for 10 minutes. Drain, peel and finely chop eggs; set aside.
Place asparagus on a baking sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon canola oil, salt and pepper. Roast, shaking the pan occasionally, until crisp-tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, mustard, tamari and remaining sesame and canola oils. Stir in sesame seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To serve, arrange asparagus spears on a platter. Top with chopped eggs and drizzle with sesame dressing.
Each serving: 160 cal, 13g fat (1.5g sat), 115mg chol, 125mg sodium, 7g carb, 3g fiber, 3g sugars, 7g protein