Roasted Asparagus and Halibut Salad with Chèvre and Rhubarb Vinaigrette
Yes, it is finally spring, and I can't resist putting my favorite ingredients together on one plate. The warm vinaigrette is spiked with tart, sweet flavors and the ingredient colors are just lovely.
- 12 asparagus spears Add to list
- 4 halibut fillets (3 to 4 ounces each) Add to list
- Extra virgin olive oil for brushing Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste Add to list
- 4 ounces chèvre cheese Add to list
- Edible flowers or small sprigs of herbs (optional, for garnish) Add to list
- 2 cups baby arugula or mixed baby greens Add to list
- Warm Rhubarb Vinaigrette Add to list
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Place asparagus spears in a small baking pan. Place halibut on a separate baking pan. Brush both asparagus and halibut with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast asparagus for about 8 minutes, or until just crisp-tender. Roast halibut for 10 to 12 minutes, until just opaque through.
Divide chèvre into 4 balls and press each into a flat round. Press an edible flower or sprig of fresh herb on the surface of each chèvre medallion if you like.
Toss arugula or mixed greens with a little of the vinaigrette and divide between 4 salad plates. Arrange three asparagus spears, one halibut fillet and one chèvre medallion on each plate.
Drizzle each plate with more vinaigrette to taste.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show, which aired on April 16, 2011.