PCC Red, White and Black Baked Beans
- 3/4 cup ketchup Add to list
- 2 teaspoons honey Add to list
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup Add to list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil Add to list
- 6 tablespoons tamari Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped Add to list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped Add to list
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped Add to list
- 1/4 bunch celery, chopped Add to list
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (see note) Add to list
Whisk together ketchup, honey, maple syrup, oil, tamari, ginger, garlic and mustard.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Mix together sauce, vegetables and beans. Pour into a casserole pan and bake, covered, for 1 hour, stirring several times.
If beans are not saucy enough, add a bit of water. It is very important that the beans do not dry out.
The PCC Deli prefers to start with dried cannellini beans for this recipe.
Find instructions for cooking beans ».
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!