Red Quinoa with Zucchini and Corn
Serves: 4 to 6
For those who are familiar with quinoa, this variety has a firmer, almost crunchy texture and a robust, earthy flavor. However, if you can't find red quinoa, don't let that stop you — just substitute regular quinoa.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 yellow onion, diced Add to list
- 2 zucchini, diced Add to list
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled and minced Add to list
- 2 cups frozen corn Add to list
- 1 cup red quinoa, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 2 cups carrot juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute, until it begins to soften. Add the zucchini and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the corn and quinoa and stir to mix thoroughly.
Add the carrot juice, salt and bouillon cube and bring to a boil. Decrease the heat, cover, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the quinoa is tender. Stir in the cilantro. Serve hot.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor