Red Quinoa with Zucchini and Corn
Serves: 4 to 6
For those who are familiar with quinoa, this variety has a firmer, almost crunchy texture and a robust, earthy flavor. However, if you can't find red quinoa, don't let that stop you — just substitute regular quinoa.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 yellow onion, diced Add to list
- 2 zucchini, diced Add to list
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled and minced Add to list
- 2 cups frozen corn Add to list
- 1 cup red quinoa, rinsed and drained Add to list
- 2 cups carrot juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute, until it begins to soften. Add the zucchini and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the corn and quinoa and stir to mix thoroughly.
Add the carrot juice, salt and bouillon cube and bring to a boil. Decrease the heat, cover, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the quinoa is tender. Stir in the cilantro. Serve hot.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »