Red Potato and Green Bean Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 1/2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes Add to list
- 3/4 pounds small green beans, rinsed and stem ends trimmed Add to list
- 1 small sweet onion, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice Add to list
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce or to taste Add to list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard Add to list
- Coarse kosher salt Add to list
- Coarsely gorund black pepper Add to list
In a large pot over medium-high heat, steam potatoes until tender. Remove from heat and let cool. Cut into quarters.
In a pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans approximately 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp tender. Remove from heat and drain. Transfer beans to a bowl of ice water and let cool. When cool, drain and cut beans in half.
In a large bowl, combine potatoes, green beans, sweet onion and basil. Add balsamic vinaigrette and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For Balsamic Vinaigrette
In a small bowl or jar, whisk ingredients together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Source: Sound Consumer August 2004
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »