Red Lentil Curry
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 medium onion, diced Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup red lentils, rinsed Add to list
- 1 small can coconut milk (5 1/2 ounces) Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups water Add to list
- 1 small carrot, diced Add to list
- 1 celery stalk, diced Add to list
- 1/2 cup diced yam or sweet potato Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder Add to list
- Pinch of cayenne pepper Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
In a medium saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic in the coconut oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, cover and bring to a boil. Add more water if necessary.
Stir well, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 to 40 minutes until lentils and sweet potatoes are soft. Serve over rice.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Recipe featured in PCC Cooks Kids Cooking Camps.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »