Red Flannel Hash
Serves: 4 to 6
This New England classic has a hearty mix of root vegetables, and is updated with the additional of crumbled Gorgonzola. It's a meal by itself, or can be a savory part of a bigger brunch spread.
- 1 1/2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes Add to list
- 1/2 yellow onion, roughly chopped Add to list
- 1 large beet, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes Add to list
- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped Add to list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried savory Add to list
- 1/2 pound PCC Deli Grass-Fed Roast Beef Add to list
- 1/2 pound PCC Mild Italian Sausage Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola cheese Add to list
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Steam potatoes for 7 minutes or until almost tender. Combine potatoes and yellow onions in a bowl and beets and red onions in another.
Divide oil and all seasonings between the two bowls and toss with vegetables to combine. Place contents of each bowl on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Roast in oven until onions are soft and beets and potatoes are cooked and brown at the edges, about 20 minutes.
Add meat and return to oven to heat through, about 4 minutes.
Toss together contents of both baking sheets. Top with Gorgonzola. Return to oven to melt cheese for a few minutes prior to serving.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »