Red Curry Sauce
Yield: 1 1/2 pints
This sauce is a great base for Asian tofu, beef or chicken dishes, or use in Red Curry Vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into half moons Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemongrass, finely chopped Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons tamari Add to list
- 1/4 cup water Add to list
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons arrowroot powder Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped Add to list
Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add lemongrass, garlic, curry paste and brown sugar and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add tamari and water; bring to a boil. Add coconut milk and return to a boil.
Make slurry with arrowroot and lime juice; stir into sauce to thicken. Add coarsely chopped cilantro.
Serve over vegetables, tofu or chicken.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!