Red Curry Sauce
Yield: 1 1/2 pints
This sauce is a great base for Asian tofu, beef or chicken dishes, or use in Red Curry Vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into half moons Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemongrass, finely chopped Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons tamari Add to list
- 1/4 cup water Add to list
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons arrowroot powder Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped Add to list
Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add lemongrass, garlic, curry paste and brown sugar and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add tamari and water; bring to a boil. Add coconut milk and return to a boil.
Make slurry with arrowroot and lime juice; stir into sauce to thicken. Add coarsely chopped cilantro.
Serve over vegetables, tofu or chicken.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »