Red Chard, Gorgonzola, Polenta Surprise
Great as a side dish with fish or as an entrée with a side of black beans.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 5 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 bunch red chard, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 2 cups polenta (ready made from the tube), cut into squares Add to list
- 1/3 cup Italian Gorganzola cheese, crumbled Add to list
- 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts or toasted pinenuts, coarsely chopped Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon chile flakes, or to taste Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
In a large fry pan, sauté garlic in oil. Work quickly to keep ingredients moving in pan. Stir in chard. Sauté for about a minute. Add vinegar. Add polenta and cook until heated through. Add cheese, nuts, chile flakes and salt and pepper. Give ingredients a good stir. Serve immediately.
Recipe by, former PCC staff