Raw Winter Root Slaw
Serves: 4 to 6
A crunchy and bright slaw using the best of winter root vegetables.
- 2 golden beets, peeled and grated Add to list
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated Add to list
- 1 apple, grated Add to list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1 teaspoon honey Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 8 ounces mixed greens Add to list
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley Add to list
Combine beets, carrots and apple in a large bowl.
Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over beet mixture. Add mixed greens, pumpkin seeds and parsley; toss to combine.
Each serving: 160 cal, 11g fat (1.5g sat), 0mg chol, 150mg sodium, 15g carb, 4g fiber, 9g sugars, 3g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »