Raw Kale Salad with Lemon, Pecorino and Currants
Serves: 8 to 10
A simple yet very elegant start to a meal. Use your best olive oil and salt — it makes a difference.
- 16 cups very thinly sliced Lacinato kale (about 1 pound, stems removed) Add to list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon) Add to list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup dried currants Add to list
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Pecorino-Romano cheese (about 2 ounces) Add to list
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Add to list
Combine all ingredients in a large serving bowl. Toss thoroughly to combine, and allow to rest 5 to 10 minutes. Toss thoroughly again before serving, adding more cheese, salt or pepper, if desired.