Raw Coconut Truffles
Yield: Makes about 15 truffles
- 1 cup raw walnuts or other nuts Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, divided Add to list
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup Add to list
- 3 tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup organic hemp protein powder Add to list
- 1/3 cup organic cocoa powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Add to list
- Pinch of unrefined salt Add to list
Place the nuts and 1 cup of the coconut in a food processor; process until finely ground. Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the remaining 1/2 cup coconut, and process until smooth.
Roll into 15 truffles then roll each truffle in shredded coconut. The truffles will be very soft; you can refrigerate them for a firmer texture.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Demonstrated on the PCC Cooks stage at Vegfest 2013.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »