Raw Coconut Truffles
Yield: Makes about 15 truffles
- 1 cup raw walnuts or other nuts Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, divided Add to list
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup Add to list
- 3 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup hemp protein powder Add to list
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Add to list
- Pinch of unrefined salt Add to list
Place nuts and 1 cup of the coconut in a food processor; process until finely ground. Add brown rice syrup, coconut oil, protein powder, cocoa and vanilla and process until smooth.
Roll into 15 truffles of equal size, then roll each truffle in shredded coconut. The truffles will be very soft; you can refrigerate them for a firmer texture.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Demonstrated on the PCC Cooks stage at Vegfest 2013.