Ravioli & Asparagus Salad
This is one of our favorite recipes from the PCC Deli.
- 1 pound ravioli, fresh, cooked Add to list
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 bunch asparagus, rinsed and sliced Add to list
- 4 green onions, chopped Add to list
- 1 small red pepper, julienned Add to list
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh Add to list
- 3/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped Add to list
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced Add to list
- Coarse black pepper to taste Add to list
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated Add to list
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted Add to list
Cook the ravioli according to package instructions (in boiling water, for approximately 6 minutes). Drain and rinse well until cool. Toss with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil and keep chilled.
Blanch the asparagus. Slice thinly on the diagonal. Rinse and chop the parsley. Remove the tips and the base of the green onions and slice thinly on the diagonal. Rinse the red pepper, remove the seeds and slice thinly into approximately 2-inch strips.
In a bowl, combine 2/3 cup olive oil, lemon juice, sundried tomates, garlic and cracked pepper. Mix well. Pour over the ravioli, add the remaining ingredients and toss well. Serve chilled with grilled fish, chicken or tofu cutlets.
Source: Sound Consumer March 2002
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »