Featuring bright colors from the rainbow — red, orange and green — this pizza is quick and easy to make. Allow your child to get creative with toppings — what fruits and vegetables can they select to add more color (and nutrients) to their rainbows?
- 1 whole wheat English muffin or bread roll, sliced in half Add to list
- 2 tablespoons pizza or tomato sauce Add to list
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese Add to list
- 2 slices turkey or deli ham, chopped Add to list
- 1 navel orange, peeled and segmented Add to list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped Add to list
Lightly toast muffin or roll in the toaster and then place on a baking sheet.
Spread each half with 1 tablespoon sauce and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Top pizza with turkey or ham, orange segments and chopped bell pepper.
Set the oven or toaster oven to broil. Place pizzas under the broiler just until the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Let little ones help prepare the toppings by “chopping” with a pair of clean scissors. Older kids can practice their cutting skills using lettuce knives, with adult supervision, of course!
Each serving: 150 cal, 2.5g fat (1g sat),15mg chol, 440mg sodium, 25g carb, 5g fiber, 9g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »