Quinoa Tabouli Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
This salad is usually made with bulgur or couscous, but quinoa is good as well. You may also use any local and seasonal vegetables you like.
- 1 cup organic quinoa Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth or water Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups organic tomatoes, diced Add to list
- 1 organic English cucumber, diced Add to list
- 2 to 3 organic green onions, sliced Add to list
- 1/2 cup organic sugar snap peas, sliced Add to list
- 1 bunch organic parsley, chopped Add to list
- Some fresh chopped basil (optional) Add to list
- 1 bunch watercress, lightly chopped Add to list
- 1 bunch arugula, lightly chopped (optional) Add to list
Rinse the quinoa very thoroughly in water, then drain. Place broth and quinoa in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let quinoa sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove quinoa to a salad bowl and let it cool completely.
Prepare all the vegetables and place in the salad bowl. In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and serve.
Recipe by, N.T.P., PCC Cooks instructor, professional whole food chef, and nutritional therapist
Source: Nature's Way Food
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »