- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion Add to list
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped Add to list
- 1 carrot, finely chopped Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds Add to list
- 1 pound lean ground beef Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa Add to list
- 1 egg Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire or tamari Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/4 cup ketchup Add to list
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar Add to list
Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic; cook until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in thyme, oregano and fennel seeds; cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Cool mixture.
In a large bowl, combine vegetable mixture, ground beef, quinoa, egg, Worcestershire or tamari, salt and pepper. Form mixture into a loaf and place on prepared baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together ketchup and brown sugar. Spread ketchup mixture on top and sides of loaf. Continue to roast meatloaf until an instant-read thermometer registers 165° F, an additional 30 to 45 minutes. Let meatloaf stand 10 minutes before serving.
Each serving: 150 cal, 5g fat (1g sat), 55mg chol, 160mg sodium, 13g carb, 2g fiber, 14g protein