Quinoa and Herbed Potato Loaf with Asparagus-Pistachio Pesto
- 2 cups cooked quinoa Add to list
- 2 cups chopped cooked Yukon Gold potatoes Add to list
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice Add to list
- 1 cup chopped onion Add to list
- 1 cup chopped leeks Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus 2 tablespoons and a little more for brushing loaves Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley Add to list
- 1/3 cup minced fresh savory Add to list
- 1/3 cup minced fresh sage Add to list
- 1/3 cup minced fresh thyme Add to list
- Salt to taste Add to list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Add to list
- Vegetable broth (as needed) Add to list
- Asparagus-Pistachio Pesto Add to list
Keep warm quinoa, potatoes and rice.
Sauté onion, leeks and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the herbs and remove from heat. Place all ingredients except for the broth and pesto in a bowl and mix until the mixture is capable of forming a loaf (it shouldn't be too wet). If the loaf is too dry, use the broth to moisten the mixture.
On a greased baking sheet or baking dish, hand-form a rustic style loaf or loaves depending on size desired. Brush loaf with olive oil and bake at 350° F for 30 to 45 minutes until loaf is slightly brown.
Cut the loaf into slices and top with room-temperature Asparagus-Pistachio Pesto.
Recipe by, PCC Deli Chef
Source: 2011 PCC annual meeting dinner