Quinoa with Garlic and Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 onion, minced Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 cup quinoa Add to list
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water Add to list
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste Add to list
- Freshly ground pepper to taste Add to list
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley Add to list
In sauce pan, sauté onion in oil until softened and lightly browned. Add garlic and stir for a few seconds. Add quinoa and stir constantly, toasting it for about a minute.
Add stock, soy sauce and salt. Cover, bring to a boil and simmer gently for about 15 minutes or so, or until liquid is absorbed and the quinoa has exposed its little white spirals or tails.
Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Fluff with a fork and stir in parsley.
Recipe by, former PCC staff