- 1 stalk broccoli Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 medium leek, chopped, about 3/4 cup Add to list
- 1 medium zucchini cut in large pieces, about 2 cups Add to list
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, diced, about 1 cup Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Add to list
- 1 quart vegetable broth Add to list
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried Add to list
Prepare broccoli by removing crown from stem. Peel and chop stem. Separate crown into flowerets. Meanwhile, heat a 3-quart pot over medium heat. Add olive oil and leek. Sauté briefly. Add broccoli and continue to sauté for 3 to 5 minutes. Add zucchini and bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
Add salt, fennel seed and black pepper. Pour in broth and add quinoa. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes, or until the broccoli is fork-tender and quinoa is cooked.
Blend soup with remaining herbs until smooth. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »