- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger, cut into very thin strips Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds Add to list
- 2 or 3 medium-sized potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes Add to list
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small flowers Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric Add to list
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon organic cane sugar or honey Add to list
- 2 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste Add to list
- 1 to 2 cups coconut milk Add to list
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro Add to list
Heat a 1 1/2-quart skillet. Add the oil. Add the ginger, cumin, and mustard seeds. When the seeds pop, add the potatoes and cauliflower, browning slightly. Next add the turmeric, coriander, curry, sugar, and salt. Sauté a minute or two longer.
Combine the tomato paste and coconut milk; add to the vegetables along with the beans. Continue simmering until the vegetables are fork-tender, then add the chopped cilantro.
Serve over rice with chapatis.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »