- 2 tablespoons high-heat cooking oil Add to list
- 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into very thin strips Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds Add to list
- 2 or 3 medium-sized potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes Add to list
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric Add to list
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey Add to list
- 2 teaspoons sea salt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste Add to list
- 1 to 2 cups coconut milk Add to list
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro Add to list
Heat a 1 1/2-quart skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, and stir in ginger, cumin, and mustard seeds. When seeds pop, add potatoes and cauliflower, stirring for several minutes to brown slightly. Next, add turmeric, coriander, curry, sugar, and salt. Sauté a minute or two longer.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Combine tomato paste and coconut milk; add to vegetables along with garbanzo beans. Simmer until vegetables are fork-tender, then add cilantro.
Serve over rice, with chapatis.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor