Quick Asparagus Pasta Meal
This is a really informal recipe which makes a quick and easy supper.
- Olive oil (about a tablespoon) Add to list
- Two cloves garlic, minced or mashed Add to list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips Add to list
- One bunch of thin asparagus, cut into 3-inch pieces Add to list
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts Add to list
- Italian seasoning Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
- Frozen tortellini or raviolis (PCC has some nice flavors and brands) Add to list
- Parmesan cheese for garnish Add to list
Start a pot of water boiling for your pasta. Meanwhile, pour a light coat of olive oil into a sauté pan, then toss in the garlic cloves. When the cloves turn a light golden brown, smash with a fork to break up the cloves. Toss in the red bell pepper, then asparagus and walnuts and cook until asparagus is fork tender (about 5 minutes). Add a little Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
When the water is boiling, follow package directions and cook pasta. Drain and add to your vegetable mix. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.
Source: Sound Consumer April 2001