Quick and Easy Hummus
- 1 garlic clove Add to list
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste) Add to list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed Add to list
- 1/2 cup water Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, or to taste Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste Add to list
- Salt Add to list
- Extra virgin olive oil Add to list
In a food processor or blender combine the garlic clove, tahini and lemon juice and process for one minute. Add the chickpeas and process until smooth. Add water, a little at a time, to achieve desired consistency.
Add the cumin, cayenne and salt and process. Taste and adjust seasonings. Transfer to a serving bowl, smooth top and drizzle with olive oil.
Source: PCC Natural Markets