Pumpkin Seed Pesto
Yield: About 1 cup
Use this pesto on fresh noodles, over roasted vegetables or with our Kale and Radicchio Slaw.
- 1/2 cup hulled raw pumpkin seeds Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled Add to list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice Add to list
- 2 teaspoons brown rice miso paste Add to list
- 2 cups chopped fresh basil Add to list
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
Place pumpkin seeds and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides, if necessary. Add lemon juice, miso paste and basil leaves; pulse until blended. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while the machine is running. Season with salt and pepper.
Source: 2013 PCC annual meeting dinner
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »