Pumpkin Seed and Chipotle Pesto
Yield: Makes about 1 cup
- 1/4 cup cilantro Add to list
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted pumpkin seeds Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder (or more to taste!) Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- 1/3 cup or more olive oil Add to list
- Juice and zest of 1 lime Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until nice and chunky.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show aired on July 14, 2007
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »