Pumpkin Pie (classic)
Yield: Makes 1 9-inch pie
- One small sugar pie pumpkin or 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree Add to list
- 1 cup milk Add to list
- 1/2 cup cream Add to list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 1/2 cup white sugar Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon clove Add to list
- 3 slightly beaten eggs Add to list
- 1 pie crust Add to list
Wash the pumpkin and cut it in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and strings. Place it in a pan, shell side up and roast it in a 325° F oven for 1 hour or more, depending on size, until it is tender and begins to fall apart. Scrape the pulp from the shell and put it through a ricer, food processor or blender. Measure out 2 cups of puree.
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Mix pumpkin puree with the remaining ingredients. Pour into pie shell and bake for 15 minutes at 425° F. Reduce the heat to 350° F and bake about 45 minutes longer or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.