Pumpkin Pie (vegan)
Yield: 1 (9-inch) pie
- 2 (10 1/2-ounce) boxes firm silken tofu, drained Add to list
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree (or 2 cups roasted sugar pie pumpkin puree) Add to list
- 1 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves Add to list
- 1 prepared pie shell Add to list
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Blend tofu in a food processor until it is perfectly smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl and use a wooden spoon or broad spatula to blend in pumpkin puree. Beat in brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves until well blended.
Pour pumpkin mixture into pie shell and bake for 40 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
Cool to room temperature, then chill for at least one hour before serving.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »