Pumpkin Pie (vegan)
Yield: 1 9-inch pie
- 2 10.5-ounce boxes firm silken tofu, drained Add to list
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree or 2 cups roasted sugar pie pumpkin puree Add to list
- 1 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves Add to list
- 1 pie shell Add to list
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Blend the tofu in a food processor until it is perfectly smooth. Transfer into a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Blend well.
Pour the pumpkin mixture into pie shell and bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.