Pumpkin Date Loaf
Yield: 1 loaf
A fragrant loaf with dates, walnuts and spices. Perfect for a holiday dessert or breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat spelt flour Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped dates Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts Add to list
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves Add to list
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin Add to list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted Add to list
- 1/4 cup white sugar Add to list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 1/4 cup buttermilk Add to list
- 2 eggs, beaten Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan.
Stir together flour, dates, walnuts, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cloves in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin, butter, sugars, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla.
Add dry mixture to wet, stirring until just combined. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »