Pulled Pork Tacos with Mango-Jicama Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork butt or shoulder Add to list
- 1 (8-ounce) package Frontera Oaxacan Red Chile Mole Simmer Sauce (see note) Add to list
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped Add to list
- 1/2 jicama, peeled and cut into 1-inch matchsticks Add to list
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1/2 jalapeño, finely diced Add to list
- 1 lime, juiced Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional) Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 12 sprouted corn tortillas, or your favorite variety, warmed Add to list
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt, to serve Add to list
Place pork in a slow cooker and cover with mole sauce; turn to coat. Cook, covered, until meat is very tender, 4 to 5 hours on high or 7 to 8 hours on low. When tender, shred with two forks and stir pork into cooking liquid.
Combine mango, jicama, red onion, jalapeño, lime juice, sugar, cilantro, salt and pepper in a bowl; toss gently.
To serve, arrange pulled pork on tortillas and top with Mango-Jicama Salad. Add a dollop of sour cream or yogurt.
Alternatively, use 2 cups of your favorite beer or chicken stock and season with 3 tablespoons Mexican seasoning (available in our bulk section) and 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder.
Each taco: 230cal, 11g fat (3g sat), 40mg chol, 80mg sodium, 23g carb, 5g fiber, 13g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »