Potato Salad with Green Beans
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 to 1 pound small red potatoes, cut into quarters Add to list
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces Add to list
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar Add to list
- 3 stalks of green onion, chopped (scissors work really well) Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, pressed Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
Place potatoes in a large pot of water, bring to a boil and cook until tender, 7 to 8 minutes. During the last minute or so of cooking, put in the green beans to blanch. Drain in a colander and run under cool water to stop the cooking.
Place potatoes and green beans in a bowl and sprinkle with cider vinegar. Toss with remaining ingredients and taste for seasoning. Chill until ready to serve or serve warm.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Recipe featured in PCC Cooks kids cooking camps.