Frittatas are a great way to use any small tidbits of leftover vegetables or protein leftover from the week.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 pound small red potatoes, scrubbed and halved Add to list
- Salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 8 eggs Add to list
- 1/2 cup milk Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme Add to list
- 1/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese Add to list
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Heat oil in a 10-inch cast iron or oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes; stir only occasionally so bottom layer browns a little. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, milk, thyme, cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl. Once the potatoes are tender, pour egg mixture into the skillet, tilting the pan to cover the entire surface. Continue cooking, without stirring, until the edges are set, 1 to 2 minutes.
Transfer skillet to the oven and cook until eggs are set, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Each serving: 170 cal, 10g fat (3.5g sat), 195mg chol, 260mg sodium, 11g carb, 1g fiber, 9g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef