Potato and Egg Baskets
Yield: 1 dozen
Don't put all of your eggs in one basket, unless that basket is made out of potatoes!
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and grated Add to list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted Add to list
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 12 eggs Add to list
- 3 slices prosciutto, chopped Add to list
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives Add to list
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley Add to list
- Cayenne pepper, to taste Add to list
Preheat oven to 425° F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
Place grated potatoes in a piece of cheesecloth or a clean kitchen towel and gently squeeze out excess liquid. Combine potatoes, butter, 1/4 cup cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl. Divide potato mixture evenly among prepared muffin tin and gently press to form a thin layer on the bottom and sides of each cup.
Bake until just golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350° F.
Gently crack 1 egg into each potato basket. Sprinkle with prosciutto, chives and parsley. Top each egg with remaining cheese.
Return to the oven and bake until eggs are set, 10 to 13 minutes. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper before serving.
Each basket: 160cal, 8g fat (3.5g sat), 235mg chol, 260mg sodium, 13g carb, 1g fiber, 1g sugars, 10g protein