Provencal-style soup mix
Filled with the warm flavors of the south of France, this hearty soup/stew is easily assembled from items found in our bulk department.
- 2 tablespoons powdered soup base Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon lightly crushed fennel seeds Add to list
- 2 cups rice and lentil pilaf (try Olde World Pilaf or Organic Harvest Pilaf in bulk) Add to list
- 1 cup dried veggies (try Vegetable Soup Blend in bulk) Add to list
- 1 bay leaf Add to list
In a small bowl, mix the soup base with all the spices except the bay leaf. Pour into the bottom of the container or bag. Carefully pour in the rice and lentil pilaf in a layer on top, then make another layer using the dry veggies. Slide the bay leaf down the front so that it’s visible.
Attach the following recipe:
Place contents of bag in a large pot. Add 6 cups water. Bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat and simmer for 40 minutes. Add up to 2 more cups water near the end of cooking time to adjust consistency to taste.
Recipe by, PCC staff