Portobello Burgers with White Bean Spread and Roasted Peppers
White bean spread adds a bit of zip to this hearty and satisfying vegetarian alternative.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped Add to list
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped Add to list
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed Add to list
- Store-bought white bean spread or Tuscan Bean Dip Add to list
- 4 ciabatta buns Add to list
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted bell peppers, drained Add to list
- 8 ounces mixed greens or baby spinach Add to list
Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and rosemary in a shallow glass dish. Add mushrooms and turn to coat. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat grill to high.
Grill portobello mushrooms, turning once, until soft, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Lightly toast ciabatta buns.
Spread one side of a ciabatta bun with white bean spread. Place a portobello mushroom on top. Add roasted peppers and a handful of mixed greens. Top with the other ciabatta half. Repeat with remaining ingredients.